Some Advantages of Home Ownership
- Historically, real estate has been demonstrated to be one of the better hedges against inflation.
- Limited housing supply and a growing population often creates increased housing prices thereby improving the value of your long-term investment. San Francisco is a very special market in this regard and truly a world-class city.
- Mortgage interest and real estate taxes are tax deductible.
The Home Buying Process
Whether you're a first time buyer or a buyer with real estate experience, as your real estate agent we will:
- Educate you about current market conditions and houses for sale
- Offer continued client service beyond close of escrow
- Conduct a daily search for appropriate properties
- Schedule immediate showings of appropriate properties
- Provide experienced counsel when writing a competitive offer
- Provide you with a list of reputable lenders
- Provide you with a list of qualified and licensed inspection companies
- Help you to visualize completed cosmetic updating
- Provide Utilities Phone List and Change of Address forms prior to close of escrow
- Provide a Buyer’s Handbook
- Obtain a Buyer’s Relocation Package for you
- Furnish a DMV Driver’s Handbook and Voter Registration Card (for out-of-state residents)
- Provide a complete file at close of escrow
- Present every step of the way, from submitting offer to escrow signing appointment
Frequently Asked Questions about Home Buying
What does it cost to buy a home?
Common costs in the purchase your new home are:
What is 'escrow'?
- Price of Home: Your expense depends on your down-payment which ranges from 0-100% of the purchase price.
- Inspections: A general inspection can be several hundred dollars, and this may lead to specific inspections at additional costs.
- Closing costs: Costs vary depending on the purchase contract and may include items such as various escrow fees, insurance, loan points & fees, transfer taxes, and prorated mortgage interest and real estate taxes.
Escrow is a process for handling the details of the transaction from the time the purchase agreement is accepted until title is transferred to the Buyer. An escrow is a temporary deposit of assets, such as funds and documents, with a neutral third party that makes sure that the terms of the purchase agreement are carried out. The money is released when the conditions of the contract have been met.
How long is an escrow?
The length of an escrow is determined by the terms of the purchase agreement and can range from a few days to several months. An escrow often takes an average time of 30 to 45 days.
How are real estate agents compensated?
A commission amount is negotiated between the Seller and the Seller's agent, and that amount is usually divided among the Seller's agent's Brokerage, the Seller's agent, the Buyer's agent's Brokerage, the Buyer's agent, and any referring agents. Real Estate commissions are traditionally paid at the close of escrow from the Seller's proceeds.
Do I have to work with the agent that is on the sign or at the open house?
No, we can assist you in buying any home. Home information on the Multiple Listing Service is shared and available to any licensed agent.
Are you a first time buyer searching for homes for sale? Do you consider renting vs. buying? Have questions about real estate and realtors?
to find out how you'll benefit from working with a real estate agent with our commitment level, standards and experience.